A Bit of Texture

close up of stitch pattern
June 2020

Marilyn brought several balls of Sugar and Cream when she and my BIL stopped by a couple of weeks ago. She's been cleaning closets and storage spaces and found the yarn. 

After knitting several pair of socks on size 2 needles, I needed to shake things up with larger needles for a bit. 

A quick search in the pattern binders unearthed a favorite pattern with a nicely textured stitch pattern.  The project requires size 8 needles. I cast on 50 stitches and began knitting. 

Here's the stitch pattern (it makes a nice towel, dishcloth, or even a blanket) if you want to make something with it: 

Rows 1 and 2:   Knit 

Rows 3 and 4:   Knit 2, *Knit 1, Purl 1* until the last two stitches - Knit the last two stitches

Repeat these four rows until you reach the desired length.  Note: the edges do not curl or roll because of the knit edge stitches. 


Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing that pattern. I need to make new dishcloths and will try that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need some new dishcloths! Several of mine have recently ended up in the "rag bag" (the worn ones are great for scrubbing floors). Thanks for the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pattern.

    I'm sure those size 8s feel like TREE TRUNKS after knitting with sock size needles. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love textured patterns. I think I'll have to incorporate it into my 2nd pandemic shawl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your pattern. I've been knitting dishcloths the past few days too. I've been doing a simple k2p2 with 4 k stitches for the border. It makes a nice relaxing project.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty! I will give it a try on the next dishcloth!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great texture for a cloth. I use some of mine to hold my soap so it dries and that would be great for that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That stitch combo does produce nice texture. Are you using the Sugar and Cream? I keep thinking I should clean closets but I’m not that motivated to. I did get rid of a skirt that hasn’t fit in 20+ years. Of course it only went into a bag in my closet waiting for the group I donate to starts taking donations again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Actually I d like a sock made in that pattern! Lol. Gotta save it

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oops I d have to think about that because it is knit flat and I would knit the socks in the round

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.