Scrap Dance Twist - final clue

all blocks completed for
Scrap Dance - Twist
May 2020
The final clue for Scrap Dance Twist was revealed on Friday. I didn't care for the block design (shown below) that used the HSTs and solid blocks, prepared in earlier clues.
original block design
Using the same components, I decided to make Friendship Star blocks because I liked the way the stars played with the alternate blocks. One of the nice things about quilting is that you can make a design uniquely yours just by swapping block designs.

The blocks need to be sewn into rows and a border will be needed to bring the quilt top up to the required size. I haven't searched in my stash for a border fabric, but I'm sure I will find something that will work.


Comments

  1. The Friendship Star blocks look much nicer than the original. Good decision. I guess I favor a more symmetrical look and the star gives that balance. The original block looks tilted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you put your own spin on the design, Nancy...I may have to follow your lead for a future QOV. I really like the changes you made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Sara and like the name:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely! Your modifications are spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love what you did! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once again you put your personal touch to a quilt. I don't think I would have liked the other block that way either. Are these 9" finished blocks? Just curious in case I want to try something like it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect block switch--this works very well! I like the way the blocks/colors all play together! You will find the border fabric that will be just right!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love your change! that looks so nice with the stars in between the chains! this idea is definitely going in the album!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you made a great decision. It looks wonderful and I look forward to seeing it completed.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like to change things up in a knitting pattern sometimes, too. It's nice to add a bit of personal creativity!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.