Time to Make a Plan


Over the weekend, I went through some project boxes in my sewing room and found a stack of neutral triangles left over from this project. This stack has been moved from box to box and pile to pile for over a year, and it was time to actually DO something with them.

I slipped into a rabbit hole when searching for scraps to pair with these triangles. I unearthed even more triangles in various sizes and colors, and before long, I had stacks for HSTs, ranging in size from 2.5 - 4.5 inches. I'm sure some larger triangles may also be found in the scrap bins.

over 100 HSTs - some trimmed and others waiting to be trimmed
January 2020
It appears I need to plan a project to use all of these HSTs - perhaps they will become star points or pinwheels or remain HSTs.


Comments

  1. Oh I feel like you are going to be having some fun figuring out how to work with these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of HSTs to play around with - have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE HSTs! There are so many options! That looks like a delightful pile of possibility!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am certain you will come up with a beautiful plan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, look at that! The treasures that are found when we go looking. How fun to find forgotten triangles. I know they will be in beautiful quilts before we know it.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can hear them calling you name......."make me into something pretty!!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many possibilities!! I have a BIG stack of paired triangles (red,blue,white) that were trimmed off the corners of that most recent QOV. I've sewn a few together and made pinwheels for a pillow top. But now I want to make that pillow top bigger so I'll need to sew a few more. I already had a few other pinwheels made from leftovers of other patriotic fabrics too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HSTs are so versatile. It will be fun watching what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's always fun to go stash diving for a new project. It's something I need to do more often I'm afraid. My quilting stash is ridiculous. I think it's overtaken my knitting stash.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you for pulling out these triangles and putting them to work. I'm sure they will look great in a QOV one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How exciting! Good job on all of the HST's!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.