Generous Gift

yardage from Marty S.
Knoxville, TN
January 2020
A heavy package arrived in last week's mail from a generous lady I haven't had the pleasure to meet. Even though, we've only connected through email and snail mail, Marty S. has blessed me with two wonderful gifts. First, she sent the beautiful blocks made by her mother, Eileen, which I turned into a QOV I named Eileen's Stars. Second, Marty sent fabric from Eileen's stash.

Marty emailed photos of four fabrics and asked if I could use them for Quilts of Valor. I responded that they would work perfectly. When the package arrived, I was surprised that it wasn't simply fabric: it was yardage. The box contained 15+ yards of 100% cotton, quilting fabric.

Readers who are also quilters will understand my amazement: quilting fabric is expensive. The fabric in this package is perfect because the colors are basically neutrals and can be used for backgrounds in blocks or quilt borders. This gift will allow me to make many QOV, and every time I use it, I will think of Eileen and Marty.

Thank you, Marty! I am truly humbled by this generous gift.


Comments

  1. WOW! That is so nice. Good to know that her Mother's stash will be put to good use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing and of course you will use it for a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors you show are beautiful! What a nice (and useful) gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That is wonderful! What a kind person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very generous gift but I'm sure she is happy to share it with someone who will be able to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't that just so sweet!!! Material is horribly expensive. That was so generous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a double blessing! Happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was such a generous gift. Everytime I buy fabric I am reminded of how expensive it is. More often than not I just put it back on the shelf. What a wonderful blessing to you and to the recipients of your beautiful quilts.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Truly Generous - but as many Quilts of Valor that you make! Totally deserved - I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.