Gorgeous Trees

decorated tree
Main Street, Parker, CO
December 2019
I have always loved large trees. They have so much character, and they have many stories to tell. I often take photos of dead trees because their gnarled branches are beautiful.

Today, I'm sharing a few photos of some large and elaborately lit trees in two states.

The town of Parker, CO has many large trees decorated on Main Street, and on Christmas Eve, my brother-in-law pulled over so I could take some photos.

Several years ago, my family went to the Denver Zoo, and many of the trees were similarly lit. I can't imagine how long it takes to put the lights on the individual limbs. The decorated trees are simply gorgeous.
photo by Vicki K.
(a friend of my sister, Marilyn)
Cottonwood Drive and Parker Road
Parker, CO
December 2019
I failed miserably when I attempted to take a decent photo of this tree, so I borrowed a photo taken by Marilyn's friend, Vicki.

West Fargo, ND
February 2016
These blue trees were outside a Wells Fargo bank in West Fargo, ND. They were lit in honor of a policeman who was shot and killed in the line of duty.

No matter what the reason or the season, I love to see beautiful trees decorated with lights.

Comments

  1. They are indeed beautiful. Here people sometimes decorate cactus and they are interesting as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These trees are spectacular! Wow! Christmas Day (evening) we went to Falls Park in Sioux Falls. They light up hundreds of trees plus the big waterfall every year. It was so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love looking at trees in the winter. The shapes are fascinating.

    One local restaurant has their maple trees lit. One reminds me of broccoli. LOL (I can NEVER get a good photo of it though. Always too blurry.)

    My favorite right now is a stand of birch trees against the brilliant blue winter sky. Simple awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am drawn to trees too. We don't have many here in the desert so those we DO have are treasured. The lit trees are beautiful! I never have seen anyone actually putting the lights up - it would be interesting to see how it's done. When I see homes elaborately decorated, I always wonder where they store it all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are just gorgeous! They used to put them up down here like that but then they pruned the trees so severely that now they look like decorated stumps. It's just not the same.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! There is one fairly local restaurant that has a ton of trees lit up. They actually keep the lights up all year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh those are beautiful trees. Especially the last one. The blue one. I hate the reason for it, but the lights are gorgeous. I can only imagine the time it takes to decorate each one. Thanks for sharing them with us.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That's got to take a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a solemn and lovely honor for that police officer. In Oklahoma they don't light the branches, just the trunks. I found that odd but smart

    ReplyDelete
  10. Officer Jason Moszer was shot and killed that Feb, he responded to a domestic violence call. It was so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Superb lighting on the trees! I have a penchant for trees, too!
    The blue tree is bittersweet....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.