Slow Progress

Quilt of Valor in progress
January 2020
When I returned from Colorado last week, it was my intention to cut out several kits to make Quilts of Valor. I find that when the fabric has been cut to the pattern, that I am more motivated to sew. Somehow, I stressed my right wrist. and it was painful to even hold a rotary cutter let alone use it, so no kits were prepared.

I had some 3.5 inch red squares in the scrap bin, so I put on a wrist brace and carefully cut the neutral fabric to sew with them. It didn't take long to prepare the checkerboard border and add it to the center panel.

Yesterday, I managed to sew on the outer dark frame. Three more borders will be added to meet the QOV size requirements when my wrist decides it is strong enough to hold and use the rotary cutter.

Comments

  1. Oh dear! So sorry about your wrist. Take it easy so that it will heal quickly. What you've accomplished so far looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far so good but I'm sorry the wrist isn't healing so quickly!
    Is it time for an x-ray?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers for your wrist and your patience. This is a pretty one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your wrist.
    The quilt is lovely! I can't believe you got so much done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your wrist is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope that wrist heals up quickly. It would be so frustrating. I really like the simple squares framing this. Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful quilt. I sure hope your wrist is better soon. It's so hard to not be able to do our crafts because of pain. My hands have been hurting lately and I don't know why. I'll be praying for you Nancy.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another lovely top.
    Hope your wrist is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no. Wrist injuries......not a good way to start the year. Praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hate crafting related injuries and love that quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope your wrist is all better soon! Lovely quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Last winter I fell on the ice and broke both wrists. My left wrist healed well, but my right wrist (dominant hand) is well...wonky.
    I found that the Creative Grids Stripology rulers support my rotary cutters and wrist making my cutting less painful and more accurate. I can cut strips and squares faster than with a die cutter and with less wrist strain and pain.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, goodness! I'm sorry to hear of your wrist injury. Sending healing prayers your way and hoping you'll soon be ready for cartwheels. ;) I really like the way the checkerboard border frames that panel - it's going to be another beautiful QOV.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.