Dinosaur Discovery

Dinosaur mural
Laramie, WY
August 2019

From Wikipedia:

The fossil record of the US state of Wyoming spans from the Precambrian to recent deposits. There are a large number of different fossil sites spread throughout the state. 

Wyoming is such a spectacular source of fossils that author Marian Murray noted in 1974 that "[e]ven today, it is the expected thing that any great museum will send its representatives to Wyoming as often as possible." Murray has also written that nearly every major vertebrate paleontologist in United States history has collected fossils in Wyoming. 

Wyoming is a major source of dinosaur fossils. Wyoming's dinosaur fossils are curated by museums located all over the planet.


Comments

  1. Cool! Fletch would love to find some bones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how clever to incorporate the available space around the doors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've been to a few sites in Wyoming when the kids were younger but I don't remember where they were. Our boys were SO into dinosaurs when they were young. Love that they're incorporated into all of the fun art around Laramie.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a very clever little mural. I didn't know that about Wyoming - very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another reason to add Wyoming to my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How I would love to come to Wyoming to see all the dinosaur fossils! That would be so much fun! I think that mural is awesome! Blessings to you, Nancy! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting! We have a lot of sea creature fossils here in MD but I don't think we have any of the big fellas. I'll have to go Google that now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who knew Wyoming had so many fossils!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.