Sockhead Cowl #2

Sockhead Cowl
March 2019
Knitting from the stash continues - this time a skein of Cascade 150 Prints (75% super wash merino and 25% nylon). Who knows why I purchased this skein of dark yarn, but it's being knit into a Sockhead Cowl and will be donated next winter to a local shelter. The yarn has a nice spring to it and is a delight to knit. The bonus: the label states it is a 150 gram skein, but when I weighed it, it was actually 155 grams, which will result in a longer cowl.

I have several other dark-colored skeins that I'll knit into scarves, etc. for the shelter.

Comments

  1. Very nice cowl for you or for the shelter! Do you have enough light to work the darker yarn which can be hard if not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the yarn - it will go with so many different coats and I'm sure the Shelter will greatly appreciate it. They are a quick, fun and easy knit, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty yarn am surprised you aren't keeping it for yourself but whoever gets it will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! A delight to knit...that was fun to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It feels so good to knit down the stash!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That will make a nice manly donation. I think the shelters really lack things for the men sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a good, no nonsense, practical pattern. I need to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That will keep someone nice and warm next year. I, too, wonder why I've bought some yarn! Congratulations on getting some stash yarn used, esp., for a good cause.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved knitting my sockhead cowl. I just wish I had had it earlier in the winter when I really needed it! I know any shelter would be happy to receive such a beautiful donation.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I forgot to add that I would gladly share rhubarb with you if we lived closer. I always have an over abundance and end up throwing part of it away after giving away bags full. Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect! Soon you will have no stash and have to shop:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.