Final Tasks

trimming off the excess backing fabric
March 2019
I trimmed the excess backing fabric and batting from the three Quilts of Valor I received in the mail last week and then sewed the previously prepared binding and label on the backside of the quilts.

attaching the binding to a Quilt of Valor
March 2019
It was my plan to finish the binding on Saturday since it snowed most of the day, but my motivation flagged. It will not take long to finish the quilts and launder them, so hopefully, I'll be able to do that this week.


Comments

  1. That's a lot of work! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny how motivation can run away when you're so close to finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Binding 3 quilts would take me 2 weeks. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the almost finishes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The red swirly fabric in the bottom photo is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soon it will all be finished--I guarantee, it will wait for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing like the satisfaction of a finished quilt. But I sure understand loss of motivation. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cold weather doe little to motivate a person:(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Almost done! You always amaze me at how much you finish.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nancy you continue to give so much with your quilting. IT is always lovely no matter how long it takes to create. QOV people know how to work together which is somewhat rare these days, to create a great quilt

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are almost there, but sometimes we need a little break. Do you turn the binding over and hand stitch it in place?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.