Back in Time - Misawa Winter

Misawa AFB
Misawa, Japan
March 1980


Comments

  1. Yikes -- big! I suppose at the time no one took them off the building for being dangerous. I wonder if folks do now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! those are some icicles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow ...........those are some stabby looking icicles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing photo! I was noticing some huge icicles around town yesterday as I was out running errands. There is a big old 3-story house a few blocks from me and there is an icicle hanging from a corner of the second floor balcony that must be as big around as a person and at least 10 feet long. It must weigh a lot and be putting some stress on that balcony.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What nasty looking icicles. Are they dangerous, do they break off and stab people? You can tells don't get such weather where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful beautiful image Nancy! It has a been awhile since we have seen your Japan images!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have those kinds of icicles everywhere around here right now. They worry me because I think they could really hurt someone. Alex says it’s been a very snowy winter up around Misawa this year. The snow is well above his car when he shows us by FaceTime. Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those icicles make the ones we had look pretty wimpy; however, we did wake up to snow this morning, our first since arriving home from sunny AZ.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice memory-our roof always had icicles like that growing up-what fun it was to snap one off for a good lick! lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.