Holey Towel


It's difficult to refuse a request for a replacement item when it is accompanied by photographic evidence that the knit item has been used - a lot. I told Marilyn I would knit one if I could find the pattern. I made about ten of these hanging towels for family members the summer we gathered at Breezy Point for a family reunion in 2006. It looks like the cotton yarn held up to hard use for several years.

replacement kitchen towel
March 2019

Pattern: Leftover Dishtowel by Stephanie C. Haberman
             free pattern  (Ravelry link)

Yarn:  body of the towel is one ball of Sugar and Cream cotton yarn
           top portion is approx. a third of a ball of Sugar and Cream

Needles: US size 8


Comments

  1. I usually cut a purchased towel in half and just knitted the top portion--I love the idea of the whole thing being knitted! Great job on the replacement love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother-in-law loves these. Every few years she puts in an order for a couple of new ones. I’m always happy to comply because it makes me happy to know that people actually use the things that I make them. Thank you for the pattern. I really like the looks of this towel. Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ask and you shall receive:) Love the colors of the new one and am sure she will be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm... i never thought about knitting towels before... may have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like Val, I never thought of knitting towels (just dishcloths). The new one is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it just the best thing when someone uses up your knit and wants another!!!!
    My grandma always had one of those hanging on her oven door handle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How nice that Marilyn has used her gifted towel to death and then requested you make another. It's always so nice when hand made gifts are used and appreciated so I'm sure you enjoyed making her a replacement.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marilyn is going to LOVE her new towel. It is beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great way to use up my cotton yarn. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH it was used out!! That's a loved item. I'll try one

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like this pattern, too. It is from Knitting Paradise:

    http://www.knittingparadise.com/t-431596-17.html#9858787

    ReplyDelete
  12. That worn towel just warms my heart! I love it when someone uses and loves something I have made and given them and then requests a replacement because the original has been loved to pieces. Marilyn will be thrilled with her pretty new towel.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.