Preparing a Kit

fabric cut and ready to sew
March 2019
February 2018, Judy M. donated fabrics to make Quilts of Valor (QOV). I've been hanging on to the Fat Quarters (FQ) until I found a pattern that I liked.

Last month, Karin H. posted a quilt she made for a young man who is battling leukemia - Chris' Quilt. using the Tail Feathers pattern. I loved the pattern and knew it would make a wonderful QOV and would be perfect for Judy's FQs.

I ordered the Tail Feathers pattern and pressed the FQs. Then my sewing mojo took flight to parts unknown. The fabrics patiently waited on the top of the pressing board until yesterday when I cut the pieces and prepared a kit for the lap quilt size - 60.5 x 72.5 inches. The pattern includes sizes for Crib, Lap, Twin, and Queen sizes.

Now, I need to turn on my sewing machine and get busy making the units and blocks for this QOV before my sewing mojo decides to go on another extended vacation.

Comments

  1. Pretty fabric, and that pattern is very nice. Funny how you can get excited about something (new pattern, new fabric, new yarn, whatever) and then suddenly all interest in working on the *new* project disappears. Good luck - this will be a really nice QOV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that the truth. I blow hot and cold myself. At the moment my knitting mojo has vanished in thin air. Must be spring fever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to look at the pattern and it's beautiful. You're right, it will be perfect for a QOV. My mojo is currently quarreling with the necessity to work because both want the same times of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving all these colors together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have had that happen with my knitting and crochet mojo too. I can be all excited to make a project and then poof! It’s gone. That is going to be a beautiful quilt. Now hurry and get started before it sits there for a while again. Ha!
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup, sometimes you have to wait until all the variables line up!
    This looks like it is interesting enough to keep your attention but not so difficult it causes headaches! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tail feathers is a great pattern, I bet you will use it again! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.