Firing Up the Oven

cookie baking
December 2018
Brenda and Marilyn host a cookie/ornament exchange every year, and I was able to attend last week. A few days before the party, I dusted off the cookbook and fired up the oven to make eight dozen cookies for the exchange.

The cookies can be made with margarine or butter - I used both and could not tell the difference between the batches. The cookies are not sweet and go well with a cup of hot tea.

note: even though the recipe says it makes six dozen, it actually makes closer to four and a half dozen. I also cut the cherries and pineapple in half before mixing them into the dough.


Comments

  1. Those looks so delish!!! I am a HUGE fruitcake fan so those are just the type of cookie I need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! These look so good. Thanks for the recipe which I've printed out...now if I can get my oven fixed........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, those look so very good!!! I have yet to make a cookie this season...I need to fire up my own oven!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How festive! I can imagine that your house smelled wonderful. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some beautiful cookies! I decided not to bake our favorite cream cheese wreath cookies this year but I've been weakening in my resolve not to bake in the past few days. So who knows what may happen yet this week. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh you know i love cookies! I indulged in two small sugar cookies with frosting and sprinkles that a volunteer brought to the barn this morning. So im done for the day. I sent my father some fruit cake. I THINK he likes it. I cant be sure but it was a token. I also sent him a list of great Christmas memories that I have to thank him. We reconnected last year at Christmas and have been in touch somewhat this year. I hope it makes him happy

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look yummy...better than fruitcake:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cookies look absolutely yummy and not too hard for me to make! Thank you for giving us the recipe. Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a feast of cookies! What fun to take part in the exchange!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.