Thrift Shopping

Attachments for a vintage Singer sewing machine
August 2014
Singer Featherweight sewing machines are once more popular, especially with quilters because they are easy to transport to retreats. So when I spotted the little green box in a large bin at a local thrift shop, I immediately thought of Marti (The Next Fifty Years) who posted her "new" machine in January. From the photos, I knew Marti didn't have many attachments for her machine.

I recognized a few of the attachments (a ruffler, a rolled hem foot, a zipper foot, a seam gauge, a spool spindle) in the box, and the others can be identified here.

The box of attachments is on its way to Marti. I hope she has fun experimenting with them.


Comments

  1. I am sure she will be thrilled when they arrive...how nice you were thinking of her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet gift! I have two vintage Singers. My uncle (mom's brother) was a Singer machine repairman for most of his life. His own collection of Singers came to me on his death. I gave one to each daughter (the oldest daughter got the treadle machine), and one to our daughter-in-law and still have two left. (You should have seen the box that shipment came in from Virginia). I keep saying I should be using them to quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice of you to do this! She will surely be very pleased! It's fun to run into such treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so so sweet of you to send that treasure off to somehow who will enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How thoughtful! I'm sure she'll love it. I love it when I can find just the right thing for someone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great find! How kind and thoughtful to send it on to your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awe, what a kind thing to do :)
    those Feather weight machines are getting pretty popular in my area as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful surprise for Marti! Do you have a Featherweight?

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a perfect surprise for her. You never know what goodies you'll find at the thrift shop.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a thoughtful find!! I did "whip" a seam on two pieces of black cotton for a funeral drape last month, so I can't claim I haven't touched my machine in eons anymore.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.