Good-bye Summer

Saturday, September 27, 2014
Saturday was a gorgeous day: about 70 F and a slight breeze. The weatherman predicted rain on Sunday, so it was a good time to rake some leaves and get them off the lawn before the weather changed.

I filled my yard waste container and borrowed those of two neighbors - the front lawn was somewhat clean for about 30 minutes. Many, more leaves need to fall, but at least I got a bunch of them picked up.

I have two large, ash trees in the front yard, and one in the back yard. Thousands of leaves have yet to turn golden or even think of falling. My days working in the yard have only begun.

You may not remember what I faced last year at this time. Same day, same view - totally different weather. That's Wyoming!

Comments

  1. That's Wyoming! Every year is completely different!
    That's what we all love about Wyoming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's true! This weekend was soooo wet...fits right into the whole "every year is different" theme! I raked up a big bag of pine needles, but no leaves yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your geraniums are very healthy looking yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your geraniums are beautiful, the weather is beautiful, even the leaves are beautiful. It can only go downhill from here. LOL! Kidding aside, I love this time of year and don't even mind raking leaves. Anything excuse to be outside and enjoy the smell of the lovely Fall air.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The view certainly was different a year ago. We had a similar day on Saturday and yesterday - sunny, light breeze and about 80. I love fall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll take TODAY'S picture over last year's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember raking a lot as a child for my Great Aunt Millie and Uncle Vince. It's definitely yard "work". But I like it, it was very relaxing. Sometimes I got blisters, but they never had gloves small enough for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leaves are "peeping" here as someone put it today. They aren't at peak color, but some are warming up and some have gone straight to the ground...

    ReplyDelete
  9. About 60 % of ours are on the ground...it is hard work. I raked and then mulched for two hours. Ours all go to the woods to help make new soil there. Happy Fall. Yes I remember last year you got snow before me:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fall sure is here, isn't it? Our leaves are just beginning to turn and it's time to start getting the garden ready for winter.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.