Testing the Process


Before I began blocking Susan's doilies (see yesterday's post), I decided to practice her techniques using the doily I knit last year for the County Fair.

My efforts last year, resulted in an 11.5 inch doily, but using Susan's blocking circle, I was able to block it to 13.5 inches. What a difference more blocking has made.

From this:
11.5 inch blocking
2013

To this:
13.5 inch blocking
2014
I am much happier with the doily now. Seeing the difference the blocking made, makes me eager to knit another doily soon.

Comments

  1. Funny because I like the first one better but they both are a work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing the results you can get when you use the right tool for the job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really beautiful Nancy! The right tool did make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's neat! I have some doilies that could use some blocking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice and certainly worth the effort!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is beautiful Nancy! Now I see why one needs to block.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that really opened up the stitch pattern! It makes me want to knit one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a difference. It really makes your doily much more lacy. Definitely worth the work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh! Blocking is magic... but I still don't enjoy it. I'd rate it just above seaming, but not as high as weaving in ends, which I don't mind so much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're right. It makes a big difference!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's cool!!!!! Very nice. I like the more "stretched out" version too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful now you will have to share your starch recipe:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.