The Sky's the Limit

The Sky's the Limit
 Western Region Oddball Baby Blanket
started September 2012
Blanket knit on traveling needles in four-inch sections. Knit on size 9 needles and 130 stitches.

I used Mary Maxim Starlette (Royal Blue) and (White) to complement the first section and to give the blanket a "planned" look.

After my friend Cheryl adds the border, this blanket will have been completed by two knitters in Texas, two knitters in Oregon, one knitter in Canada, and one knitter and one crocheter in Wyoming. It's a well-travelled blanket.

I have the privilege of beginning and naming a new blanket with the empty needles.

Update: February 4, 2013





Comments

  1. What a clever name for this blanket! Perfect for a little guy! I am constantly amazed at the names the gals come up with for these blankets. My goodness, this one certainly has traveled the west. Pretty cool !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! It's a great one with a perfect name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You answered all the questions I was thinking while looking at the picture. I was wondering if the same person did more than one section - but nope. It's a lovely blanket - I think the stripes are perfect and love the mirroring at either end. Ideas for the new blanket churning yet? g

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and as blue as the Wyoming skies!! I would like a big one like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the 2 sections of blue and white stripes. Another fabulous blanket for someone to cuddle with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay you've done it. Im going to do a traveling blanket this year with blog pals. Are you in???

    I love naming things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I suppose your stash will get smaller now! It is a beautiful blue blanket..named well:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So nice to have so many loving hands contribute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this one reminds me of one of those wonderful breezy days! I look forward to seeing the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice and bright!

    I love that many loving hands have created such a beauty.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.