What Does This Mean?

seen on Burma Road
December 2011
Burma Road, a local farm to market road, was under construction most of the summer. A major portion of the road was relocated to remove some dangerous curves, but Burma Hill remained. I saw the sign, shown above, last Saturday. My first reaction was, "doesn't every hill block a view?"

I'm not sure what danger this particular sign and its twin going the opposite direction (one for each North and South bound traffic) is pointing out to motorists.


Just past this point, the road curves and the grade of the hill is significant, but this Warning sign or others around it do not indicate the curve. Burma Road will probably only have local traffic so most motorists will be familiar with the road's curve, yet this sign it more of a novelty than a warning.


Comments

  1. That's a new sign to me. Of course, we don't have many hills around here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen that sign before somewhere... but it was a better fit for that spot. It wasn't obvious that the hill was blocking one's view. Odd that I don't remember where it was but do remember the warning was accurate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it funny some of the signs...Maybe they are to keep us awake and thinking on the road:)

    Have a wonderful Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny. Reminds me of when I was driving across America. We kept passing signs saying Warning bump ahead, then a bit further Warning Bump ahead. Multiple warnings but we never noticed a bump! Very funny.
    Cheers
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.