Carol's Fall Flower

Carol's Fall Flower
December Block

I took some artistic license with the December block because I did not want to fuss with convex and concave pieces. If I had cut the pieces, I knew that none of them would have turned out the correct size, so I grabbed a pencil and created an adaptation.


The directions called for lovely curved petals to form a chrysanthemum. My adaptation (see my pencil lines on the diagram) looks more like a star; thus, I am calling it a "Star Aster" rather than a chrysanthemum.

All the blocks for the 2011 Block of the Month are finished. Now, I need to decide what to do with them.


The complete set of Quilter's Neighborhood blocks. 

Comments

  1. Very pretty!! Let us know what you do decide to do, won't you please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty smart!! FInished project looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Nancy, these are beautiful! I've only done a tiny bit of quilting, but I certainly love to look at other people's work. Thank you for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! It's very pretty. Good thing I don't quilt. I would've struggled with the curves, not thinking about making them straight lines, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The year went fast. Seems like you just started the first house. They all look great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! I like each block...how are you going to set them together?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You quilted a whole neighborhood!!!!! Houses amazing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your adaption works well with the other blocks. I think I would have skipped the curves too unless I hand did them and I don't hand piece!

    Getting closer to a finish. Keep going! B.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE these blocks! The tree blocks are my very favorites. These will make a wonderful quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.