Freedom Stripes

Freedom Stripes
56" x 66"
Quilt of Valor
Freedom Stripes is a loose adaptation of Mary's Quick Strippie pattern. The fabric for this top (other than the white), the backing, and the binding came from the yardage shown in this September post.

Machine-quilted by BunkHouse Quilting
January 2012
Ann was my volunteer longarmer for this quilt. Ann transformed this simple quilt with her awesome quilting. I've never had a volunteer quilter do custom quilting on a top or take such care with the details. Thank you so much, Ann!

If you need a someone machine quilt your tops, I suggest you check out Ann's BunkHouse Quilting site. You'll be impressed with her work.

Freedom Stripes featured on Alycia's blog and ready for distribution.

Update: July 25, 2012

Alycia shared photos of a recent QOV distribution day where Freedom Stripes was chosen by the warrior pictured below.

Recovering warrior wrapped in Freedom Stripes




Comments

  1. You put that material to good use and made it pretty too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is beauty in simplicity. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turned out really nice, Nancy. I probably won't be doing any more sewing until after Christmas. Where does time go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. another nice quilt. someone will treasure it when it is given away.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.