Completed Swap


Marilyn and I made an arrangement in September: I would knit two baby sweater sets (featured here and here) for her grandmother boxes, and she would complete a Christmas card holder for me.


Last week I received the completed banner and hanger. She did a fantastic job, and I love it. We saw the banner on display in Rapid City quilt shop this summer, and Marilyn thought she had the pattern at home. When we started cutting out the pieces in September, I didn't see how I would ever finish it; thus, Marilyn and I struck our bargain.


The banner Marilyn made fits perfectly on my pantry door, and it already has three cards tucked in the branches of the tree. Thanks, Marilyn!


Comments

  1. What a beautiful way to display your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's a nice deal. What a great card holder. Marilyn did a great job. I take it you can knit faster than you can sew?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No that is team work! Am sure you are both very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great swap! That card holder is lovely. I need to get my red wicker basket out of the guest room closet for my cards...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!! hmmm wonder what I could swap:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your new Christmas card holder...what a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have lovely things and great friends. I need to get my holiday out and decorate the place up. g

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.