Right Place, Right Time

I am seldom in the right place at the right time, but the stars aligned for me on December 17, 2011, the day to pick up the last block of the month at Sheep Camp Quilt Supply.

After selecting some tone on tone yardage for my stash, I wandered to the back room where Clearance items are located. A kit for a 66 x 82 inch quilt, marked 50% off, caught my eye. I thought it was a great deal, so I picked out some coordinating yardage (also in the Clearance area) for the backing and the binding.

I was pleasantly surprised when the store owner told me that Clearance kits were 75% off. Wow, an even greater deal!


The two pieces of fabric on the left are the backing and the binding, and were not included in the kit.

The damages: 

Floral backing fabric (top left) was 60% off -- $18.92
Red binding fabric (lower left) was 55% off -- $3.94
The remaining fabric was in the quilt kit which I purchased for $16.75


Grand total for a 66 x 82 inch quilt: (not including batting)   $39.61

I was definitely in the right place at the right time for these bargains!


Comments

  1. WOOHOO! I LOVE it when I stumble across a really good deal, and you surely did that day! Now get to sewing, Gal. I want to see what this makes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those colours...great price too!! I am working on a serger quilt...wish we were closer...I would love to 'learn' to quilt like you do!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I am not a bargain shopper. I aspire to be, but...

    ReplyDelete
  4. SCORE! I love these great deals! Of course, it does nothing for using up the stash ... but, hey, who's counting! Right! I'll look forward to seeing the top soon! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky, lucky you! I don't think I've ever found a deal like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nancy
    Right place right time! We never get bargains like that in NZ!
    Cheers
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that's going to be amazing. I love those fabrics. When will you start? g

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.