Yes, I Still Knit. . .

Seed-stitch blocks
Baby Blanket
July 2014
Yes, I still knit, but for some reason, my knitting has slowed considerably this summer. I have a "grab and go" bag that I take to evening concerts in the park and at the library, but that knitting is strictly dishcloths because I can visit and tap my foot to the beat without needing to concentrate on my knitting.

You will notice that I'm using multiple markers on this blanket. They aren't really necessary, but they are a good reminder for me to pay attention to my stitches on the wrong side rows.

A month ago, Mary sent me a bunch of yarn, and this blanket is being knit with some of it. This blanket will be donated to the Pine Ridge Reservation Project. Thank you, Mary for making this and other blankets possible for this impoverished area.

Comments

  1. I love seed stitch, but I do have to pay attention. It's very easy for me to knit a wrong stitch and not catch my mistake until much later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pattern looks nice.

    Once the weather cools off a bit, I'll work on my blanket again. Need to get that puppy DONE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THe stitch pattern is so nubby and warm looking. You are such a dear to knit so much for charity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bow to you queen of baby blankets! My blanket is dull compared to this one, and the color is beautiful. I love seed stitch so you have made me want to knit one like it. Great knit Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this blanket. It is nice that you have had someone donate yarn to you and that you are donating the blanket on to a chairty. I just know the basics of knitting though. I don't even know how long of a needle to use for a baby blanket. lol So far I have just stuck with knitting in the diagnal for dishclothes. I guess I could sew them together lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I like this one! I put my crochet "stuff" away for the summer too:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use a lot of markers too. I am currently knitting a baby blanket using a cotton/acrylic blend. Wonderfully soft.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This blanket is really nice! The heathered yarn color is very attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If ever my friends aren't so fertile, I want to do more charity knitting. In the meantime though, I need to whip out a crochet border on a certain blanket for a very dear boy just born this morning!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.