Where Do I Go?

Pulmonary hypertension is a serious disease, and without proper care it can be deadly. It is imperative that the PH patient seek a physician who specializes in treating pulmonary hypertension.

Often these doctors are associated with teaching hospitals where PH research is on-going. Many patients travel hundreds of miles (I drive to Denver, CO which is over 400 miles, one way) for their appointments with their PH doctors. Since these doctors are also researchers and professors, their schedules are full: it is typical to have a 3 - 4 month wait for the initial appointment.

Doctors can be found on the Pulmonary Hypertension Association and the PH Central websites.

Comments

  1. That's a long drive, Nancy, but I'm sure it's worth it to get the right kind of care.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.