Time for a Face Lift

Keeping up with annual, exterior maintenance is a nearly impossible chore when I cannot bend and stoop without getting light-headed and short of breath. The alternatives I've used for four years were to ignore the maintenance and to hire someone to do it for me. However, it is getting harder and harder to find someone reliable.

This fall, I decided to make as many of the surfaces maintenance-free. It was time for a face lift.
The deck has been sheathed in plastic composite material, made from old pop bottles, etc. All I need to do is sweep and hose it off every year.

The shed no longer looks like a homesteader's hut but is encased in vinyl siding and matches the house.

I am pleased with the outcome, and I am very pleased that these surfaces do not require annual maintenance.

Comments

  1. It's got to be a good feeling to know it will look nice and neat like this for a long time to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you've made some clever choices, Nancy. I love the shed, it looks like a cute little house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen a shed in vinyl before, now I have. I looks like a minature house. I like that fact that is saves your energy not cleaning it or painting every few years. Great job Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy I really like the green method you chose for your deck! Looks terrific. Outdoor maintenance is the reason I am looking for a townhouse. I would never be able to shovel snow and I thing my days of being up on a ladder are pretty much over.

    Teddybear is right your shed does look like a little house now. You will have to hang a wreath on the door for the holidays. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.