Sock It to 'Em

A group of knitters on Knitting Help.com are helping with a service project reported in Heart Strings Fiber Arts newsletter. The coordinator, Becky Washburn (beckyknits@comcast.net) is requesting over 850 mini Christmas Stockings. The stockings will be stuffed with small treats and sent to the troops in Iraq.

I pledged to knit five stockings, but I discovered that they knit quickly and are very addictive. I used this pattern from Heart Strings Fiber Arts.

I plan to knit more of these stockings because they may bring a little bit of holiday spirit to those serving so far from home.

Update: December 1, 2008 -- Message posted on KnittingHelp.com Charity Knitting Forum

Thirty-six crafters made 1012 socks in time for the deadline.

"Some how thank you just doesn't seem like enough for knitting Christmas socks for Becky son's men.You all just pitched in, put your own holiday knitting aside and made this project of 850 socks your own personal goal. Not only socks but cards, candy, notes in the socks, you even got family and friends and even a town involved. For this I am truly grateful There are no words to describe how proud I am of all of you who participated in making a Merrier Christmas for our troops. I wish I could give each and everyone of you something in return for making this project come together in 22 days but my budget won't allow it. Thank you again to a wonderful group of knitters."
~ Julie (momwolf) ~

Comments

  1. Those are really cute! I'm sure they will bless people serving overseas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute..I am sure the Troops will love them:)

    Take care
    Hugs,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy, I wish so much I knew how to do this. I would love to be able to help but sorry it is just not possible. LOL!!
    I tried to make a scraf for myself last year and lets just say that the scarf might have fit a very small animal. LOL!!

    BTW, You are really talented on the computer stuff. I wish you lived near here so you could teach me. LOL!!

    Love,
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.