Simple Woman's Daybook

Monday, November 24, 2008

Outside My Window. . . a small crescent moon glows in the approaching sunrise.

I am thinking. . . about my day and what I can get accomplished. Hopefully, I can connect with some people on the phone whose calls I missed on Friday. I hate playing "phone tag."

I am thankful... that the Pulmonary Hypertension support group is beginning to take root in Wyoming. I think people are starting to feel comfortable with the idea and are now reaching out for more information and help.

In the kitchen... the refrigerator is humming, probably because it contains the fixings for the Thanksgiving meal. Hopefully, the turkey inside will be thawed by Thursday morning.

I am wearing... my yellow snowman flannel pajamas.

I am creating... a prayer shawl from some donated cranberry-colored yarn.

I am going... to open an online bank account this week. I thought it was probably time to join the 21st century.

I am reading... the many magazines that have arrived in the last week. When I am finished with them, I put them in the hospital waiting rooms.

I am praying... for Mason, a young man who is in ICU who has made some great progress since last week. I pray for Mason, his family, and for the medical staff caring for him. I met Mason at the PHA conference in Houston when I was there in June. He has such a darling smile and personality.

I am hearing... the soft click of the keys as i type. I learned to type in high school on a Royal manual and an IBM Selectric with caps on the keys so the letters were covered. I enjoyed all of the exercises from that class. Nothing is more satisfying that hearing a room full of typists typing in unison to music. Typing is no longer taught many high schools; some may teach key boarding, but most students type by constantly looking at the key board.

One of my favorite things... the yarn winder. I love the way it forms cakes of yarn that pull from the center and sit flat on the floor. I use it all the time when I ravel thrift shop wool sweaters.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: a) volunteer at the hospital today, b) knitting night on Tuesday, c) judge at a speech contest on Wednesday, d) prepare holiday dinner

Here is picture thought I am sharing...


Trust in the LORD with all thine heart
and lean not unto thine own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight.

(Proverbs 3:5 - 6 NIV)





~If you'd like to participate in The Simple Woman's Daybook (each Monday), you can visit The Simple Woman's blog here. To get instructions for participating, click on The Simple Woman's Daybook icon in her sidebar.

Comments

  1. JUST SAID A PRAYER FOR MASON AND HIS FAMILY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also learned to type on a manual typewriter with no letters on the keys. I remember we were not even supposed to look at our typing, but to keep our eyes on our book until we had completed the typing drill. I loved that class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your comments about typing took me back nearly 35 years, remembering that clackety clack sound of a room full of typewriters all being pecked at once. Our keys weren't covered, but we were not allowed to look down at the keys. Aside from the clacking noise, it was one of the quietest classes I took. There was never time for chit chat, or talking in whispers when the teacher wasn't looking. We were always too busy typing!

    I read about Mason on Jen's Daily Dose, and have been praying for him and his family.

    Some day I'm going to get ahead a few dollars and buy myself a yarn winder, too. I also love those neat little yarn 'cakes'.

    Yellow snowman flannels, huh? Sounds like you're staying young at heart, Nancy! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.