Simple Woman's Daybook

Monday, November 10, 2008

Outside My Window. . . I see the newspaper carrier hurrying to complete the route. I am grateful that every morning my paper is in the same place, in a box beside my front door.

I am thinking. . . about rearranging the furniture in the front room.

I am thankful... for all the veterans and their families who have sacrificed for my freedom. I can never repay them for this gift.

In the kitchen... a cheddar cheese bagel is toasting under the broiler. When I was in Lander last week, I purchased some bagels at Wildflour Bakery. They have the best baked goods in the area. I especially like their Pilgrim Bread.

I am wearing... black slacks and a pink sweater

I am creating... some socks. I am still working on Monster Socks, but I have a pair of blue/black/gray pair rib-cuffed socks on the needles, too.

I am going... to cast on a cropped cardigan for myself soon. I don't knit many things for myself, but this is going to be my Christmas present to myself.

I am reading... nothing at the moment, but I bought a hard cover copy of Forever Odd by Dean Koontz at a thrift shop last week. I enjoy Koontz' writing, but I haven't read any of his books for years.

I am hoping... that I can take a short walk every day this week.

I am hearing... my house pop and creak as the wind blows and the temperature changes.

One of my favorite things... a hand-written letter. I miss the days when people actually wrote letters and sent cards. Nothing compares to the joy of opening the mailbox and finding a letter.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: I don't have definite plans for this week - no appointments, no lunch dates, no obligations.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...


photo from Washington Post

"In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved."

- Franklin D. Roosevelt , September 22, 1936


This week, thank a veteran for achieving your freedom.




~If you'd like to particpate in The Simple Woman's Daybook (each Monday), you can visit The Simple Woman's blog here. To get instructions for particpating, click on The Simple Woman's Daybook icon in her sidebar.

Comments

  1. I'm glad you're knitting something for yourself. You deserve a treat now and then too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, I hope you enjoy the book. I think there are at least 3 books with Odd Thomas as the main character. I look forward to each one.

    Thanks for the reminder about email.

    mary

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.