Holiday Mischief

I may be in handcuffs by Monday, so I want to share my "crime" with you today.

Every Monday morning during my volunteer shift, I sit at the front desk at the hospital. For some reason a little tree in the front planter caught my eye about three weeks ago, and I began to formulate a plan. I decided that the long holiday weekend would be the best time to pull off the mischievous act.

My mother used to see trees along the side of the highway and comment, "If I had a tree like that in my yard, I would decorate it." Other times, she would exclaim, "Someday, I am going to decorate that little tree."

Well, today I decorated the little tree with shatter-proof ornaments in my mom's memory.



I also took the suggestion of Teddybear and NatRedKnits and put a wreath on the door of my little shed. I like it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comments

  1. I love the wreath Nancy!! Adorable!
    I really like the idea of decorating the tree in memory of your mom it is a beautiful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very festive. I need to get in the mood, as soon as I get home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the tree! Don't worry, I don't think you'll be in jail for doing that! hehe The wreath is very pretty, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful way to remember your mom. My mom decorates the funny trees in her yard for Easter. Today I hung Christmas ornaments in the two ficus trees Mom has in her living room. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will you confess when someone wants to know who decorated the tree or will it be your little secret?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy, you wild woman, you! ;-) The tree looks darling, and I'm sure it will bring a much needed smile to the faces of those entering the hospital.

    The wreath looks so nice on your shed door. They gave you a great suggestion!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.