What a Deal

 backing fabric (56 yards) for fourteen QOV
January 2023

Every Quilt of Valor I make requires at least four yards of backing fabric. I try to keep the QOV that I make about the same size, so I don't need to make a special purchase when a backing is needed. 

Near the end of January my backing stash was depleted which required restocking. I found a fabulous online sale at JoAnn Fabrics. The twenty-eight yards of the fabric I purchased there was $3 a yard: it was previously marked $12 a yard. The other lengths of fabric and the two panels were purchased at Quilted Twins for $5.99 a yard. Overall, I now have enough fabric to back fourteen Quilts of Valor, and I paid an average of $4.50 a yard. 

I'm thrilled to have found such a great deal.

Comments

  1. Good Morning Nancy! Those fabrics all look great. I especially like the 6th one from the top, although it's hard to know for sure with them all folded so neatly. :-) That is such a great deal for the backing fabric. The cost of fabric is one of the reasons I never really let myself get pulled into the quilting world. The queen size one I made for our bed was over $200 just for the fabric. Whoa Nellie! This will be enough to keep you busy for awhile won't it?
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. A super deal on the fabrics! Good find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you got some really pretty fabrics. Always nice to get them on sale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great score! These fabrics will be in a quilt in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great deal. Backing fabric is so expensive. It's even harder to find patterns that work with the top but it looked like you really hit the jackpot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a shopper extraordinaire. I’m tickled with my widebacks at less than $12 a yard. I’ve got three quilts ready to finish. Hopefully I can get to them next week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a deal!! Looks like you picked out some very pretty fabrics too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a great deal indeed.You would be goggle eyed by the proce we pay for quilting fabrics here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Strong work. I remember when most quilting fabric was $4.99 a yard. If you had the fabric shipped to you that's even better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love sales like that! I always have backings in mind when I see fabric on sale.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a great deal you got. It sure is nice to find those deals when you really need it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.