Squeak!


Last week I posted about playing binding chicken on a Quilt of Valor and thought the 12 inches was close, but when adding the final borders to Liberty & Justice (yesterday's post) I had a REAL squeaker! 

I was using the final pieces of the blue backing scraps to make Liberty & Justice, and when I trimmed off the excess fabric on the top and bottom borders, I had exactly a half inch of fabric on each strip -- much too close!

The last two QOV have literally utilized the last bits of some fabrics, and I couldn't be happier. 


Comments

  1. When all is said and done ..............doesn't it feel GOOD to use up almost every little bit. GETTING THERE is a bit of a worry though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Dee said! :-) Such a great use of your resources though. It's a beautiful quilt, although I would have been having palpitations knowing it was so close. :-)
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my gosh! That would have been a heart stopper. It does feel good to use up everything. I need to do something with this stash of mine. It's starting to take over the place. I need this to be the year of use it or toss it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does when you use up every last bit of a chunk of fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I does FEEL GOOD... I meant to say - lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too close for comfort but you are using up fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That was tight. Nice job though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very close call - squeak indeed! Feels good to use up things.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was playing it way too close but I am glad for the happy ending! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Goodness me, I'm so pleased the outcome was sucessful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a squeaker for sure but how satisfying to be using up fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on using up all your scraps. Maybe a bit too close this time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.