Breezy

Breezy
60 x 74 inches
Quilt of Valor #230


Breezy was made using scraps from the backings (the focus fabric and the blue fabrics) of previous QOV. The Town Square pattern from Fabric Cafe requires a total of three yards and is ideal for large focus fabrics. My version requires more than three yards of fabric as I needed to alter the borders to meet QOV size requirements. The two smaller frames were cut at 2.5 inches, and the outer border at 5 inches. 

The pattern came together quickly and was perfect for using the red, white, and blue fabric. The fabric is so busy that it is nearly impossible to see that several of the big blocks are pieced. 

I'm trying to use the smaller cuts of fabric that I have in my stash, and you'll see in upcoming posts that the Town Square pattern is helping me do that. 

Breezy was awarded in Laramie, Wyoming
November 10, 2023

Comments

  1. Perfect name for that quilt! The fabric really is busy and looks like it is being blown! Nice job Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great quilt Nancy. As Vera said, it really does look as if it's blowing in the breese.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh - I love the simplicity of this one. Plus it has a little modern vibe. Awesome as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow....so much energy in those fabrics. It really is like a flag blowing in the wind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a fun pattern - I'll have to add that one to the file!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That one has a much more "modern" vibe. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice layout!!!! Nice to see you piecing away on these quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the 3 yard patterns — but I find I seldom have 1 yard pieces that match other 3 yd pieces. Great job of using the leftover fabs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.