Pinwheel Puzzle Progress

HSTs ready to become pinwheels
September 2020

I found some neutral fabrics in my stash that would work with the kit fabrics. I also managed to squeeze six more squares out of each of the kit fabric scraps which allows me to make twelve more blocks. Last week I searched my stash for Civil War reproduction fabrics that will work for making six additional blocks.

eighteen Pinwheel Puzzle blocks
September 2020

The HSTs in the basket shown above will add six blocks to the 18 blocks already finished. Hopefully, I can find enough fabrics in my stash to bring the block count up to thirty which should make a nice lap-sized quilt. 

If the pattern hadn't had so many errors, and if I hadn't cut all the pieces before I discovered the errors, the quilt would have been larger. 


Comments

  1. This will be another "eye popping" quilt. Pinwheels always do that to my eyes. It is going to be lovely Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's frustrating when the pattern has errors. But you've done a good job making lemonade out of the lemons. That is a pretty block no matter what size.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ack! I hate when you get into a project and find an error in the instructions.

    But ..........the quilt looks beautiful in spite of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hindsight--I cut all of my pieces ahead of time which is fine unless you run into the situation you did!!!! You have recovered nicely and almost have a completed masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's gorgeous!! I love pinwheels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is amazing! My eyes don't know where to focus when I look at it. Pinwheels! So pretty.
    Did your snow go away yet? I heard on the news that Laramie got snow. I would ALMOST want snow to put out the fires up here. Stay warm.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. How frustrating that you found errors in the pattern instructions. Do hope you can find enough suitable fabric to complete this beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nancy when the squares become pinwheels Im enchanted. It is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you want me to check my fabrics? I sent a bunch of my reproduction fabric to someone who likes it. Not my thing any more. I might have some darker fabrics I can send on to you. Just let me know. 😉

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.