Peace of Mind

preparing to trim excess batting and backing
from a recently machine-quilted QOV
April 2020
Two Quilts of Valor (QOV) were recently sent to a volunteer longarm quilter in SD, and last week the quilts were returned to me to finish. When I sent the quilt tops and backing, I reassured the longarmer that I had been self-isolating and that my area (at that time) had only one positive case of COVID-19. When she returned the quilts, she stated she and her husband were also homebodies and hadn't been in contact with the virus or any sick individuals.

The national QOV foundation has included a disclaimer on the request for a volunteer longarmer that the those filling out the form agree with quarantine conditions, i.e. social distancing, not working on projects when ill, disinfecting surfaces, etc.

No QOV will be awarded to veterans until June or possibly later, depending on public health timelines.

Hopefully, these guidelines will give volunteers the peace of mind to continue making QOV and/or to continue machine quilting QOV.


Comments

  1. Nice to know the process can continue safely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you can still have your quilts quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was nervous about buying fabric online until I realized....I could wash it. Lol. It went right in the machine from my gloved hands and it frayed a bit but I trimmed off the ends and was good to go. It's an apron now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find it ironic that your quilter was in SD. When I requested a quilter for one of our group's QOV this past winter, I couldn't even get a response from the foundation. After 2 months with no responses I ended up just having it done locally and I paid for it myself as my donation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good that they are thinking of these things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good rules. You know some of the vets have underlying health problems and you wouldn't want to get ANYONE sick, but especially them.

    They moved my father in law from his nursing home to one that did NOT have COVID-19 and now they have it in his new place too. I'm hoping so hard that his belongings that were in a box were not contaminated. Hard to say just HOW this virus gets in a place that is supposed to be locked down and all employees scanned for health every day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad such precautions are in place but saddened that all of this is going on. And for how long? It seems to be never ending and now "they" are saying it will come back this fall, possibly even worse than the first time.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, boy! Ripples I hadn't thought about for the QOV program!

    ReplyDelete
  9. QOV is smart to ensure these guidelines are followed !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes I had a similar thing happen. The Peyton Heart Project is on hold also. I am still making hearts I will stockpile them. We have to keep everyone safe!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.