First Pair of 2020

completed Old Fashioned Peppermint socks
March 2020
I didn't attempt to match this pair because it was nearly impossible to know which section of red would produce which stripe. I just let the yarn do it's own thing, and in the end it doesn't really matter.

This is the first pair of socks completed in 2020. The first pair I've knit since August 2019 - seven months! October, November and December I knit Sockhead cowls from scrap sock yarn, but for two months (January and February) my knitting needles were idle: I had zero interest in picking up the needles.

Social distancing is providing ample time to knit socks, using sock yarn stash. I found a perfect "spring" yarn for the next pair of socks.

Comments

  1. Peppermints is exactly what I thought as soon as I saw them. Are you socks soft? My cousin has knit 2 pair of cotton socks for me. I love wearing them around the house but they are too thick to be comfortable in my shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are HAPPY socks Nancy! I love them. I'm glad you are back to knitting and can't wait to see the yarn you've chosen for your next pair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They turned out great and who doesn't love a pair of red and white stripey socks???? I know I do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christmas!!!! They Do look like peppermint candy and Christmas to me. I'm glad you're enjoying knitting again. I have one sock on my Dublin Bay socks almost at the toe decreases. The other has the heel turned, so hopefully I will have a finish soon too!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these! Christmas, Valentine's, or any day. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, I love the look of hand knitted socks, these look great. Blue for me please.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look great to me! They are a good looking pair! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are fantastic! Simple but with great impact! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH You are such a great knitter Nancy. Nice finish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are really cool socks. They'll be a lot of fun to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect name for these cute socks. I guess you still can't leave a reply on my blog because I haven't heard from you, still don't know why. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, I absolutely love those socks! Peppermint ice cream is my favorite flavor and before I saw the name of them that's what popped in my head.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.