Adding Some Color

spring socks in progress
April 2020
Most of the bloggers I read regularly live in warmer climates. The photos on those blogs are full of spring growth, blossoms, and color. Spring will not arrive here in the high plains for several weeks, so my craving for color has to be satisfied with knitting and quilting.

Searching my stash, I found a beautiful skein of sock yarn, received from Valerie in a swap several years ago. This luscious yarn is divine to knit!
April 2020
I'm working on the heel flap and with any luck, this pair will be finished by Easter.

Thank you Valerie for this beautiful skein of yarn!

Comments

  1. I love Wandering Cat yarns!! Too bad Val and her Mom are no longer selling...that's a great color and shouts Spring and Easter to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her yarn too. I've got several skeins in the stash that I am hoarding for dear life. It makes the most wonderful socks and shawls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s beautiful! I keep forgetting Easter is Sunday so thought you’d get the last sock done long before then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you like the yarn!

    I don't think I could survive your long winters. It's hard enough waiting for spring where I am!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a soft Easter color. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh it has some cashmere! Beautiful pair of spring socks:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. BEAUTIFUL SOCK COLOR AND Nancy your stitches are soon even

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is beautiful yarn...it reminds me of sherbet. We don't have any color here yet either. In fact we've had snow 4 times in the past week although it did melt right away each time. I tweaked my back trying to do some sewing at my machine for a whole 25 minutes on Monday. I've been down with spasms ever since. Spring is coming, I HAVE to find some kind of fix for this.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. That IS some mighty beautiful yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty yarn! We don't have flowers blooming yet here either. Right not it's raining and not overly warm yet, though I'm quite happy it's not snowing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What delicious colors--like a fancy parrot tulip! We sure do need color, don't we?!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.