Around the Block

two "Around the Block" blocks
November 2019
Last month, I attend a Sagebrush Quilters' guild meeting. The group is very active and makes a lot of quilts for community programs. Members sign up to collect donated Blocks of the Month and then make a quilt out of the donated blocks.

Around the Block was the design selected for October, and the finished blocks will be collected at the November meeting. I played around with some scraps and made two blocks.

The pattern is on page 33 in Judy Hopkins 501 Rotary Cut Blocks. The blocks finish at 12.5 inches unfinished.

Comments

  1. That sounds like a nice guild! I love the red and black block - so vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 👍🏻 Your blocks look good. I’ve been thinking about using this block but have too many projects going on now. There is always next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im partial to the red white and blue ! Nice job Nancy, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blocks...I love the background fabric in the red, white, and blue...the white in other words. LOL But oh, I so love the greens in the other.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've done plenty of nine patches over the years, but never stitched this pa



    I've done plenty of nine patches over the years but never stitched Around the Block. Yours look great, its nice to take part in community quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a good group to be involved with! :) Hope you are still warmer than normal we are still cold:(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.