Simply Garter

simply garter stitch scarf
March 2019
Garter stitch is a relaxing stitch - nothing to think about - mindless knitting at its finest. I started this simple garter stitch scarf and keep it in my knitting bag for a grab and go project. It's a good project for knitting with friends, as I can gab while I knit.

This skein of sock yarn is non-plied and in some places is more like thin roving than yarn. I determined it was not ideal yarn for socks which is why I decided to knit a simple garter stitch scarf with it.


Comments

  1. Great idea! That's the same problem I am having with the yarn for the Shell Cottage socks - and in the places where it is like thin roving, it is very easy to split the yarn. Frustrating!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good call on the use for this yarn! It is very pretty and will lay so nice as a scarf! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, simple is best when yakking and knitting or quilting. The colors are nice. Will it go in your give away box or ??

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to have a grab and go project:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It has a nice masculine look to it. A grab and go project was something one of my former co-workers always carried when we went to meetings. She would knit and participate, but couldn't stand to sit still for a meeting without something in her hands to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's nice to have a mindless project in the works when you just want to knit but don't want to think. I just cast on some plain vanilla socks for that very reason.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The color shift is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like those colors. It will make a perfect scarf. I always try to keep a grab and go project for waiting at doctors appointments, etc. Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colors...I like working with yarn that changes colors:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.