Beside the Tracks

Little Free Library
1st and Grand Streets
Laramie, WY
April 2019
Last week, I joined a friend for a late lunch and discovered this adorable Little Free Library on the corner of 1st and Grand Streets. I stood at this location several months ago and took photos of a mural, and this little train car library was not in place. 


Inside, I discovered magazines and several books.

This year is the 150th anniversary of the Transcontinental Railroad, and this weekend two historic Union Pacific steam engines will be passing through Laramie on their way to Utah. A huge crowd of railroad history buffs are anticipated in town. I hope to find a good place to view the massive steam engines.


Comments

  1. How exciting! We have a railroad museum down the street but alas....no tracks anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love steam trains - that will be a fun event!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing those little libraries. It gives me hope that pople are still actually reading "real" books.
    The Union Pacific brings back fond memories of my childhood. Out here it's mostly Burlington Northern so I love getting back to the midwest and seeing the UP engines again.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Should be an interesting experience. I visited the huge switch yards in North Platte NE a couple of years ago, and the trains were fascinating. Whoever built that Little Free Library was quite creative to design it like a train car and putting it in that location.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is ADORABLE! I hope people will keep it well supplied.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting to anticipate the steam engines passing through!!!
    My grandson would go crazy! You will have to get a pic and I will show him! The little library is a work of love-how nice to visit it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I look forward to your posts about it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds like something to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.