|resistance band with some serious issues|
I took on the challenge and soon discovered that making any repairs with the tubing in place would be impossible. The strap bands had a lot of bulk because they were also heavily padded. Once the tubing was removed, the repair was more manageable.
The final step was to add a straight stitch to reinforce the zig-zag. The repair isn't pretty, but it should lengthen the life of the padded cuffs.
I gave the repaired cuffs to my physical therapist along with a short afghan hook and showed her how a Theraband could easily be pulled through the straps and the knot hidden inside the channel.