Cabin Fever

Cabin Fever
67 x 83
Since the blocks for this quilt were made while staying in a cabin in the Big Horn Mountains, I decided to name it Cabin Fever.

Previous posts about this quilt can be found here, here, and here.

Cabin Fever was made from a kit I found in the Clearance Room at Sheep Camp Quilts at 50% off several years ago. I paid $33.50 for the complete kit (fabric for the top, the binding, AND the backing). The shop owner was practically giving the kit away at the clearance price: the backing fabric alone would cost over $50 if the yardage was $10 a yard, which many fabrics were at that time.

My points are not perfect, and some pieces don't align perfectly; however, the quilt captures the memories of a Sisters' Sew-in perfectly.

The quilt pattern is free online - Magic Pinwheels by Karen Snyder.


Comments

  1. I find it difficult to understand why they were having trouble getting rid of this kit. This quilt is a WOW statement. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the red and yellow... It suits it's name!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that the border is on I see the REDS pop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew those wonderful yellow and white blocks were going to make a beautiful quilt, but you outdid my expectations! By the way, it looks perfect to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. REALLY pretty!!! I just love all your quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! Thanks for the pattern. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice! I love your collection of patriotic fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This turned out nice! I love Sheep Camp's Row-by-Row Experience row this year. Have you seen it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE finding discount kits. There's something about getting a bargain that really appeals to me. Craftsy used to have a bunch but I've noticed their prices are much higher these days but that's OK because I stocked up :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! This turned out gorgeous .....Thanks for the link to the pattern. I love the scrappy chain.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like this finished top. It has lots of pieces which might have stopped some folks from making it but it really looks good. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done Nancy! I love the border too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great name for this beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.