Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Lavender Fields


Janet, the Western Region Oddball coordinator, sent me a circular needle to start a new blanket for the group. When I saw the photo (shown above) in Google images, I knew the blanket had to be named Lavender Fields. It is my hope the blanket will be knit with alternating sections of purple/lavender and green. I think it would be a very attractive blanket.


Here is the beginning of Lavender Fields. Knit on size 9 needles (110 stitches) with Caron Simply Soft (Grape), using the Garter Steps stitch.

Update: December 12, 2011

Update: February 12, 2012
Purple is a hard color to photograph, so I assume
the border is not blue, but purple. 


7 comments:

  1. Love the picture of the lavender field. I am going this Thursday to a garden place called Lavender Fields. We're making wreathes and having lunch there that includes lavender food, so I am told. I'm looking forward to it. I'll post about it sometime afterwards. I doubt if the lavender is still in bloom though -- we've had a couple of days of frost recently.

    The blanket is looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea...love your section.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning. MIL was fond enough of the field photo, but she loves that start to the blanket. (And I repeated my offer to teach her to knit. Hem.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope everyone follows the plan. It will be beautiful, I think, if they do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous. I love lavender. One of my favorite scents.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am always intrigued by your stitch pattern choices...off to check out the steps pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome photo! I can see why it inspired your stitch pattern and color :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...