Windshield Wisdom

On my recent trip, I visited ten States (yes, I even counted the tiny corner of Arizona that we crossed) in fourteen days (a total of 3,939 miles). Even though the trip was fun, I am glad to be home and sleeping in the same bed for more than a couple of nights.

Some observations I made while on the road:

• America is truly beautiful


• Every State needs MORE rest areas


• Overall the roads we travelled were in excellent shape


• Some States need to get the message that it is okay to raise the speed limit on their highways: 55 for secondary roads and 65 for interstates is just too SLOW


• Most people are friendly and quick to smile


• Some drivers think the left lane is exclusively theirs


• People still travel with Airstreams


• The best places to eat are small local cafes


• Nevada has more armored cars than highway patrol vehicles


• Kindness is contagious



• Wi-Fi is not free in every motel/hotel. Prices for 24 hours usually ranged from $13 - 15


There's No Place Like Home

Comments

  1. Thanks for taking us along on your trip. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great trip! After 40 years with the military I discovered that home is where you find sanctuary :) Often that is just in the shower with no kids banging on the door LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a great trip and you did indeed cover some territory!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Nancy! You covered a lot of ground! I am glad you are home safe and sound!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lot of Miles! And I think your 'list' is right spot on! And it is good to get back home! I made a loop too only via the train (Denver to Sacramento, then up to the Redwoods) but cheated and flew home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you're back home safe and sound! Your trip sounded so great, and I'm glad you took us along with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love road trips! You sure covered a lot of ground.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the map and showing your route. I need to do that next time out.

    Agree with most of your list, though we have hit a few places where people really weren't friendly and we were glad to leave. Luckily, that's not the norm.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I live road trips! Sounds like yours was extensive and fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.