Pioneer Quilt Display



Friday afternoon, Marilyn and I toured the High Desert Museum near Bend, OR and saw some fabulous bronze statues and some antique quilts. The Grandma's Flower Garden quilt, pictured above was really intriguing. Notice that the templates for the "flowers" are pieces of old letters. This unfinished quilt (circa 1850 - 1900) was made by a 14 year old girl in Trenton, NJ, but some of the flower templates contain the word, "Oregon."

Passed down by a pioneer family in Boise, ID, this quilt was made in 1850.

It was wonderful to see these quilts that were lovingly made by pioneer women.


Comments

  1. I love old quilts and the stories that go with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the photos. Looks like you are having a Great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do such a good job taking photos for us! I love the baptist fan quilting on this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They used paper templates..I always wondered about how they did their shapes..this is one of my favorite quilt patterns Grandma Garden.. Thanks for sharing these beauties:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.