Celebrating Freedom

This large flag was unfurled at the Rockies game, and the handlers (members of all military branches and the police force) fluttered it during the singing of the National Anthem.
A fireworks display was scheduled after the game. We waited about 30 minutes for those in the section under the scoreboard to move onto the field. They just kept coming and coming and finally the field was filled.

Approximately 49,000 people attended the game, and roughly a fourth of them were moved to the outfield to view the fireworks.

It was a fun-filled night. 

Happy Independence Day, America!

Comments

  1. Beautiful! The big Stars & Stripes is such a touching sight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love going to the Rockies games too. I don't get to go very often. A perfect American Fourth of July!! Beautiful pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a great time! we went to a rockies game once when we lived in denver.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you got to go...what a wonderful evening!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.