Diamond Facets

Diamond Facets
Quilt of Valor
60 x 69 inches
The majority of this quilt top was made from a single, Tonga Treats (City Lights) layer cake* that I purchased in a Craftsy clearance sale for $21. I added a 3.5 inch border to bring the quilt up to Quilt of Valor (QOV) size requirements. Thanks to the Craftsy sale, this quilt was made for less than $25.

Of all the QOV I've made, this one is in my top ten favorites.  Diamond Facets is #89 on my completed QOV list.

* a layer cake = (40) 10 inch squares of fabric from a fabric line.


Comments

  1. Beautiful! I love the offset diamond pattern and the gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty - especially that asymmetrical layout. I used a similar layout a few years ago with a quilt I made for a nephew's wedding. But I've never tried it with a layer cake and that really shows of the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the off-centered-ness of it. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great bargain. I love the greens in the quilt. QOV is such a great cause Nancy. We saw the Memorial in Knoxville to Veterans. Small but impressive built on the Last Worlds Fair sight

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you. This is definitely one of your best! The fabrics are so beautiful and the effect they create in this pattern is stunning. It's also pretty amazing that you put all this together for under $25.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Someone will be thrilled to own it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is terrific. It has a lot of motion in it. I'm assuming you just (ha! just my eye) slapped two pieces together and made half square triangle blocks? Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is gorgeous! I'm loving the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome. I can't stop looking at it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty pattern - the asymmetrical design gives it a fun, modern spin. I'll have to try this one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.