The second block for March is finished, shown at bottom right. For some reason the recent blocks are not the same size as the February blocks. I checked all measurements twice and used the most scant seam I could, yet they are smaller. I guess they will have to be framed when I assemble the quilt top.
Once the blocks were on the wall, I determined five fabrics was too many to incorporate in the blocks, so the gold in the original block will not be used. The top right is the revised January block, sans gold.
One of the hardest parts of this Sampler project is not knowing what the block pattern is going to be or how it is going to look.
Old Maid's Puzzle
Mrs. Keller's Nine Patch
My blocks are not the intended size, my points don't all match, and the color scheme may be wacky, but I am learning more with each subsequent block. That was my goal, so I am happy with my progress.