Socks for Marilyn

Marilyn’s socks 
size 8
April 2023

I worked on these socks at Marilyn’s during the evening Colorado Avalanche (hockey) playoff games and the Denver Nuggets (basketball) playoff games. 

You’ll notice that they are fraternal twins since the balls of yarn were wound backwards of each other. I considered making the socks match, but it would have required “wasting” a lot of yarn to get to the correct color repeat. 

Yarn: Patons Kroy Socks (two balls). 100 grams total
          Grey Brown Marl #55048

Needles: US size 2 — 64 stitches

Remaining Yarn:  36 grams total
           19 grams from one ball
           17 grams from the other ball

Comments

  1. Very pretty colors. Fraternal twins still look great, and won't be very noticeable when being worn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a very picky matchy matchy sock knitter but I didn't even notice that they didn't match. They look great. I really like that colorway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At first glance they look identical. Those colors look so good together. I thought my last pair were going to be identical but the yarn took a turn around the toe decreases. I do like that yarn. I think my boys would love love a pair in it.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. I think they are matchy-matchy enough. They look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a matchy-matchy person and I really like these socks. The red adds just the right pop of color! Nicely done. With the crazy weather, I bet Marilyn is happy for a new pair of wool socks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them! I have a pair of socks in that colourway, and they are one of my favourites! Mine don't match either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice indeed, I'm sure Marilyn will be pleased to receive her cozy socks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colors are very pretty. Socks do not have to match to keep the feet warm. In fact sometimes I like it when they don't match. It's like a bit of secret whimsy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aren't they a very nice pair of socks!!! Sometimes, I match and use the little bit of 'wasted' yarn for the sock blanket but other times, I like the randomness of just knitting on! Great job on these!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I see that my comment never published!! I like the socks and the red brings just the right pop of color!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice socks even if they are backwards. Honestly, no one is going to notice that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.