Star Power

Star Power 
65 x 78 inches
Quilt of Valor #205

Star Power was created with a variety of leftovers from other Quilts of Valor. The star centers were pulled out of the 6.5 inch square bin, and most of the star points were bonus HSTs from a recently finished QOV. The sashing was cut from backing trimmings of another QOV. 

Very little fabric goes to waste in my sewing room, and what scraps I cannot use, I give to others. Typically, I don't sew with anything smaller than 2.5 inches. This quilt was an exception to that as the blue sashing is 1.5 inches cut and 1 inch finished. 

The star blocks are 12 inches finished.  


Comments

  1. I really love this one, as with all your quilts! Just perfect for a veteran!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this quilt is perfection--it's fun to let your eyes roam and see all the different centers...I like the two stripes but in diff directions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yet another masterpiece Nancy! You certainly have an eye for pulling these together. Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt. Stars are always a winner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sure doesn't look like a leftover quilt to me. It's gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stars are beautiful. I live in an area that is dart enough to see many true stars. Im glad they figure prominently for Veterans

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another wonderful quilt. Isnt it great to get creative and be able to use up bits and pieces from other projects. 2.5in is about as small as I like to sew with too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are amazing! Those stars are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you SURE those are leftovers? They're beautiful stars. Another work of art Nancy.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.