American Liberty - a donation

American Liberty
62 x 80 inches
Quilt of Valor

Recently, I was contacted by Louise H. in Florida. Louise's friend Sandy M. made this quilt for a donation, but it was too large for Louise to quilt on her domestic machine. She asked if I could use it for a Quilt of Valor. 

Once I received the quilt, I gave it a good press, reinforced a few seams, and prepared a backing. It will be sent to a volunteer longarmer as soon as I am paired with someone. 

Thank you Sandy for making this beautiful quilt and to Louise for making another Quilt of Valor possible. 


Comments

  1. Wow! That is a wonderful layout. It's awesome that it has been donated to be used as a QOV, rather than laying in a closet somewhere. I was just contacted by the Omaha QOV committee to help with presenting a couple of quilts. And 2 of our group members are binding our newest finished quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! I love all of the stars, although they must have been a lot of work. Thank you Sandy and Louise for thinking of the Veterans for this quilt!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Someone will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowza! That really is spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful donation. The quilt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilting of valor community is generous and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning work of piecing! How exciting to see it come to life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning!
    Thank you for all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aren’t you glad for the connections the Internet gives us? That will warm some veteran soon. Thanks to Sandy and Louise for reaching out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.